From February 1 to February 20, we’re pitting the best games in our database head to head in a Battle Royale in order to crown the Best Game on VSG. Every morning on our Instagram Story, we’ll post head-to-head matchups to whittle down the field, and you’ll have 24 hours to vote on which game you think should advance.
Thirty-two (32) games have been seeded according to their Adjusted Score – the same measurement we use to determine end-of-year awards – and every morning at about 10am EST the voting will open. The first two rounds (First Round, Second Round) will feature two matchups per day, and then we’ll switch to one matchup per day until a winner is crowned. Voting closes 24 hours after the Instagram Story goes live.
Matchups for the First Round are as follows:
- (13) The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt vs (20) Bloodborne
- (11) Shadow of the Colossus vs (22) Monster Hunter: World
- (8) The Last of Us Part II vs (25) Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- (6) Super Smash Bros. Ultimate vs (27) Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- (9) Divinity: Original Sin 2 vs (24) Dreams
- (3) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild vs. (30) Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2
The remaining rounds will occur from February 09-20:
- Second Round – February 09-12
- Third Round – February 13-16
- Semifinals – February 17-18
- Third Place Game – February 19
- Championship – February 20
If you haven’t already, make sure you’re following VSG on Instagram so you can vote in our Instagram Story every day and participate in the madness. If all goes well, I plan on incorporating a similar tournament during the end-of-year VSG Awards – as a People’s Choice Award. In the meantime, make your bets! Which game do you think will win?